26 Things I Learned This Year
Contrary to prior belief, I'm actually older than most people think. I'll thank my mom and dad for good genes making me look 21 years old when I'm actually 27 (as of today!). I figured it being my birthday and all, that it would be a good time to share some of the valuable lessons I learned this past year and what I'm looking forward to most this coming year. 27 sounds kind of old, eh?
Here's 26 things I learned in my 26th year of living ...
(1) Just because I'm getting one year older, does not mean I don't look a day over 22 ...
(2) I'm a vibes person #goodvibesonly
(3) Coming to Ohio University to do my masters was the best decision I could have made for myself
(4) My love for Kombucha will never die
(5) I still miss basketball every day
(6) I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to running a business (and laugh at myself a lot about it)
(7) I am my mother's daughter, however I will never be as cool as she is ...
(8) Walking through the front door of my house after being away for a while will always be the best feeling
(9) I have some really good #throwback pictures from the early days
(10) I am in fact quite the day dreamer, but I think that's why I am where I am.
(11) I thought I would only get 3 tattoos and now I'm at 6 so yes, they're addicting
(12) I'm really happy chokers came back in style
(13) Finding hidden gems is one of my favourite things to do (coffee shops, healthy food spots, etc)
(14) How to survive Court St. 101 should be an actual course at OU
(15) I am happiest and most at ease by a big body of water (preferably an ocean #mermaidlife)
(16) Being a strength coach is a scary, exciting, rewarding, and satisfying job and I'm excited to see what's next for me in the coaching world
(17) As Type A and OCD as I am, I love a good spontaneous adventure
(18) I have not mastered how to make healthy donuts yet, definitely a work in progress ...
(19) Coconut oil is a pretty good solution for just about anything
(20) It's okay to mess up, make mistakes and fail - that's when I've grown the most
(21) I am ambitious as f*ck and I'm not going to let anyone stop me from getting where I want to go
(22) I have a mermaid soul (and hair)
(23) There may come a day in the next year I book a one-way plane ticket somewhere
(24) Making decisions to better yourself sometimes suck (a lot) but you need to trust your gut and understand that things happen for a reason
(25) My passion will always lead me in the right direction - as long as I continue doing what I love, I will be happy
(26) Don't grow up - it's a trap!
Okay, enough about me. I want to give a quick shout-out to all the amazing people in my life that continue to support my big dreams, give good hugs and send off good vibes - life really is about who you surround yourself with and I've definitely acquired an awesome squad.
Here's to 27, may you bring more lessons, food, sweat, and good vibes.