Banana Blueberry Muffins
Who doesn't love banana blueberry muffins? Well if you don't already then maybe this recipe will change your mind ... This is a great snack idea or even a quick breakfast on-the-go!
An easy way to get a couple servings of fruit in your diet, but also made with real, whole, unprocessed ingredients so these muffins won't leave you feeling sluggish. Also, spelt flour is packed with a ton of nutrients ranging from vitamin B2 to magnesium, as well as a great source of fibre.
This recipe was inspired by one of my favourite food blogs Hungry Happens
• 2 cups of spelt flour
• 1/2 cup of flax seeds
• 2 tsp of baking powder
• 2 tsp of baking soda
• 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
• dash of salt
• 2/3 cup of maple syrup
• 1/3 cup of coconut oil (melted)
• 2 ripe bananas
• 2/3 cup of almond milk
• 1/2 tsp of vanilla
• 1 cup of fresh blueberries
• Preheat oven to 375°
• Coat muffin tin with coconut oil
• Combine all dry ingredients together (flour, flax seeds, baking soda/ powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg)
• Combine wet ingredients together (maple syrup, coconut oil, bananas, almond milk, vanilla)
• Combine wet and dry ingredients together until fully combine, then fold in blueberries
• Separate batter into muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes (or when toothpick comes out clean)
Quick tip: to mix it up for a sweeter treat, you can swap the blueberries for chocolate chips!