Chilli Szn - Turkey Black Bean Chilli
Its chilli szn homies! Chilli is a fantastic way to make a hearty meal that's easy to put together, easy to store and even easier to eat. Packed with great ingredients filled with nutrients, and macro/micro-nutrients.
This recipe contains ground turkey, but it will work with ground beef or without any meat at all! If you choosing to go sans-meat, add an extra cup of beans or lentils to help with the density. Both turkey and black beans are packed with protein, making this a very substantial recipe!
• 1lb of ground turkey
• 1 medium onion
• 2 red bell peppers
• 2 cans of black beans
• 1 cup of quinoa
• 3 cups of vegetable broth
• 1 can of diced tomatoes
• 2 tbsp of chilli powder
• 1 tsp of cumin
• 1/2 tsp of paprika
• 1 tbsp of crushed red chilli flakes
• salt & pepper to taste
• In a large skillet, add ground turkey and onions
• Season with salt and pepper and cook until turkey is no longer pink
• Add garlic and cook for 30-60 seconds
• Add rest of ingredients and cook on low-medium heat for 60-90 minutes
Quick tip: watch to see when quinoa is fully cooked
Another quick tip: after cooking the onions, turkey and garlic, you can transfer all ingredients to a crockpot and cook on high for 3 hours
Top with fresh avocado, a dollop of plain greek yogurt, fresh green onions, and whatever else you'd like to top it with it.