Happy 1st Birthday to Training2XL
Wow. I honestly can't believe it's been a whole year since I registered Training2XL as an official business. What once started as a group training program for athletes at my alma mater WLU, has turned into something I am so truly passionate about. This year has been full of sweat, programming, blogging and sharing ideas with likeminded people.
I think it is important to share goals with others to hold yourself accountable to them, so what better time to set some new goals than your first birthday. Ten years from now, I want Training2XL to be a thriving business - I want to be able to help athletes close to me and others all over the world. A lofty goal, I know, but if I continue to stay as passionate about it as I am now, I know I can accomplish it. One of my co-coach's this summer asked me one day if it ever bothered me that I worked so hard on something I didn't get paid for ... to be honest, I hadn't even really thought about it until that point. It makes me so happy to share my passion with others - whether it is the athletes I work with on a day-to-day basis or the ones I communicate with via social media.
I will admit sometimes I get antsy and anxious wondering what else I have to do to spread my message and to create my brand and platform. I wonder what I'm doing wrong and how I can be better, but I know that good things do take time and I have to continue to be true to myself and my values. I never want to stray from what I truly believe in to gain more of a following. To be honest, for a long time I really only thought my mom read my blogs until I started getting messages from people telling me they've read my content. I also found out that my mom is actually too cool to even read my blogs, so I'm happy there's other people out there that do!
I didn't want this post to be long and sappy, just wanted to give props to those following my journey and giving me an outlet to share my love for training, nutrition, goal setting and athlete development - its been a blast, and I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for Training2XL.
I wanted to finish off by telling you all some of the things I've learned over the past year ...
- Hashtags are a thing and I will continue to use them even though my brothers make fun of me
- Sweaty selfies are the best kind of selfies
- Always feed off good vibes and surround yourself with like-minded people
- Creating something from the ground up is incredibly satisfying
- I am my mother's daughter
- Its okay to swear in blog posts because I probably would say it in real life
- Sarah Farano will forever be the best editor
- When it comes to getting content for Instagram, sometimes you have to swallow your pride and ask a random to take a picture of you
- The process of registering a business is actually very confusing (get help from a business student if possible)
- Do something you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life
Got any ideas or recommendations for me? Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below - stay humble, homies!