Irish I Could Eat These All Day
St. Patrick's Day - the day everyone pretends to be Irish, wear green and hydrate with something other than water ... it's also a day to post a SPD-themed recipe, so here it is!
SPD Choco-Mint Energy Bites
Tis the season for Girl Guide cookies, so I thought it would be appropriate to rock the thin mint flavour in these SPD-inspired energy balls. These are packed with superfoods, nutrients, and lots of antioxidants (a huge perk to raw cacao powder). Whip up a batch for snacks during the week or to curb a sweet tooth at night.
These would also go really well with a glass of Baileys on ice, but you didn't hear that from me ...
- 1/3 Cup of Sunflower Butter
- 1 Cup of Oat Flour
- 2 Cups of Quinoa Puffs or Rice Krispies
- 1/2 Cup of Honey
- 2 Tbsp of Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla
- 1/2 Tsp of Peppermint Extract
- 1/2 Tsp of Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup of Mini Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients together
- In a separate bowl, mix sunflower butter, honey, peppermint and vanilla until completely combine
- Mix wet and dry ingredients, slowly folding in chocolate chips
- Roll into balls - add sprinkles for a festive kick
- Refrigerate and enjoy!