Meal Prep Series - Pumpkin Muffins
Next up on the Meal Prep Series is an easy pumpkin muffin recipe to pack as a snack for your busy week of sweating, working, training, competing, whatever you have planned!
Pumpkin is an excellent source of dietary fibre which leaves you feeling fuller for longer, as well as lots of potassium and vitamin A. Pure pumpkin is also very inexpensive, making it easy to grab a can and make several different recipes - tis the season!
This recipe is from Hungry Happens
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips)
• Preheat oven to 325° and grease a muffin tin with coconut oil or oil spray
• Mix all ingredients into a bowl, except for the chocolate chips (yes, it's seriously that easy)
• Once everything is combined, fold in chocolate chips
• Pop them in the oven for 15-20 minutes, checking every 5 minutes to make sure they don't burn (they do easily)
• Let cool for 10 minutes, and enjoy!