Sweet Potato Wedges
Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of essential vitamins and minerals. They are rich in vitamins A, B, and C, as well as copper, manganese, potassium, and many more. It's safe to say this complex carbohydrate packs a punch when it comes to nutrition and its precisely why I call sweet potatoes an athlete superfood!
Remember as athletes we need to fuel our training and performance, so carbohydrates still have a very important place in our daily eating. These sweet potato wedges are a perfect way to compliment a post-workout meal, or even as a pre-workout snack!
1 Medium Sweet Potato
2 Tbsp. of Coconut Oil (melted)
1 Tsp. of Paprika
1 Tsp. of Garlic Powder
¼ Tsp. of Sea Salt
Season with pepper to taste
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Mix melted coconut oil, paprika and garlic powder in a bowl, and place wedges in bowl to be coated completely
- Spread wedges out evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Place in oven for 20-30 minutes (check texture with a fork), flipping the sweet potatoes after 10 minutes
- Quick Tip: Set your oven to broil for the last 5-7 minutes to get a crispy layer!
- Sprinkle with sea salt* and enjoy!
* Try pink Himalayan sea salt - its less processed than table salt, and naturally rich in iodine!
Whats your favourite way to eat a sweet potato? Comment below!